cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Usage Data

Hi All, I am currently reviewing the Application data for an application and finding conflicting information for the Usage reporting. The criteria, as I understand it, is that an application is classed as used if opened once in 3 months. A standard across the FlexNet installation. When I review the Device list where the application has been discovered and filter used to "no", i can still see last used dates within the last 3 months. Is this something I am misinterpreting or an error/limitation with the FlexNet install? Thanks in advance.
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What version of FlexNet are you using? The behavior you have described sounds like it may be related to Issue Number IOJ-1858647 (IsUsed flag set to No despite reporting a recent LastUsedDate) that is listed as addressed in the FlexNet 2018 R2 Release Notes.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

Stephan:

The "90 day" rule can be changed on an application.  If you go into the properties of this application and look at the Usage tab, what do the settings say?

Hi, yes I've seen this is adjustable. Its showing as 3 months and used once but the filtered results still show dates within the 3 month period.
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What version of FlexNet are you using? The behavior you have described sounds like it may be related to Issue Number IOJ-1858647 (IsUsed flag set to No despite reporting a recent LastUsedDate) that is listed as addressed in the FlexNet 2018 R2 Release Notes.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

This sounds like the issue. I'm not sure what version is running but will double check. Thanks. 

Chris, Has this been fixed in a newer release?
Yes - as per my previous response on this thread, the issue IOJ-1858647 was addressed in the 2018 R2 release.

@ChrisG Sorry I missed that - we are seeing the exact same issue on our 2019 R1 system.

So if you are using the 2019 R1 release then you won't be specifically getting affected by IOJ-1858647, but there may be something else going on with your data that is resulting in you not seeing what you expect to see. I don't have any particular insights into what it might be though sorry.

@ChrisG Was this issue completely resolved in 2018 R2? We have a customer that has "last used dates" within their usage threshold but the "used" column still shows no. Their version is 2018 R2.

Yes, the specific issue IOJ-1858647 is marked as being fixed in the 2018 R2 release. If you are seeing similar behavior then it may be something else going on causing a similar symptom.