cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Manager Suite License Limitation validation

Hello Experts,

We are getting FlexNet Manager Suite License Limitation message while trying to change the status to active for few servers. It is saying "Changing the status of selected server from Ignored to Active will cause the total number of active servers will exceed your FlexNet Manager Suite license limit of XXXX active servers. This action will not be completed. To perform this action, no more than XXXX servers must be under management when the when the action is completed."

In order to validate, we went to Discovery & Inventory -> All Inventory, then filtered status as Active and Last inventory source as FlexNet Manager Suite. It is showing us much lesser a count than XXXX (threshold). Also, as we are feeding data from SCCM, if we select both FlexNet Manager Suite and SMS as Last inventory source, the count is way higher than XXXX.

Could you please help me to understand from where we'll be able to see exact license usage count for Active servers.

Thanks in advance.

(2) Replies

Hi @pradeep_danget 

You can check the FNMS licence details from the suite from the extreme right top corner settings dropdown and chose the flexnet manager suite license which will give you the details of the licenses entitled and being consumed and additional features you have with your agreement.

As per my understanding if you have only 1000 licenses for servers always that consumption should not cross a threshold of 95% and a 5% buffer license should be maintained for the Suite to operate and if you are trying to move more servers which crosses the licenses you have the system is not allowing and in that case its throwing the message which you are experiencing. 

Not sure if i've understood your query.

Please refer to https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/FlexNetManagerSuiteLicense_Page.html

regards,

Thanks a lot, you have answered me the exact thing what I was trying to get.

I was confused between Number of devices available and Number of active servers.