Active participant

FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2 - VMware Data Gathering Failed Using ESXQuery Agent

Hi,

We are using ESXQuery Agent to gather VMware Inventories as detailed in the following URL: community.flexera[dot]com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/VMware-Stand-alone-Inventory-Agent-for-FlexNet-Manager-Suite/ta-p/114055

We have deployed, configured the agent and manually pasted the inventories in "C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories" previously as well and FNMS actually absorbed the files and uploaded the data in the console. And, the pasted files automatically gets disappeared from the above-mentioned path (i.e. under ProgramData).

However, recently yesterday while we repeated the same activities, we found that after pasting the inventory files in "C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories", FNMS is not absorbing or uploading the same to the console and the files are still there in the folder under the ProgramData path.

If anyone can please let me know why this is happening. What can be the actual reason and how this can be resolved.

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Frequent contributor

Re: FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2 - VMware Data Gathering Failed Using ESXQuery Agent

Hi @sourav_sengupta ,

sounds like that the FNMS Beacon Windows Task Scheduler tasks doesn't run. Please check the following and give us a feedback.

2020-06-17 22_06_40-Clipboard.png

BEst, Dennis

Active participant

Re: FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2 - VMware Data Gathering Failed Using ESXQuery Agent

Hi @dennis_reinhardt ,

Yes right, the task is in "Ready" state and not going into "Running" status even through tried to run the task. Under the "History" tab found errors. Please find the attached (PFA) image files for a better understanding/reference.

1. If you can please tell me the path to the error log of these tasks.

2. Also, if you can assist me to resolve this issue please.

Kindly let me know if I need to provide any further details/information.

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

0 Kudos
Active participant

Hi @dennis_reinhardt ,

If you can kindly assist in this case please.

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

0 Kudos
Consultant

Hi @sourav_sengupta ,

For me it's look like a failed tasks in task scheduler, under which context do you run the task?

You use service account or SYSTEM account?

Also it is checked that task should run with high privilege and also to run if the user is not logged in?

0 Kudos