Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Inventory Beacon alerts

oqueck
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

on more and more beacons (especially child beacons) there are alerts showing up, that the last download of packages for managed devices failed and I wonder why?

capture20190421161136541.png

Are we having a digital signature issue with one of our very old beacon packages:

capture20190421162252231.png

Thanks & best regards

Oliver

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you working here with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud? This type of logging will typically appear when you have a FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud beacon that is a child of another beacon. There is nothing in the UI that will stop you from configuring beacons in this way, but it is best to avoid it as it doesn't work as you're seeing.

To avoid the error, configure all beacons to connect directly to FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud: do not have any beacon configured as a child of another beacon.

Another workaround to try is to delete the following registry entry on the child beacon:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion\CertificateFile

This is the entry that effectively makes the beacon think that it is communicating with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud directly, so removing the entry removes that assumption.

With that said, I've heard mixed reports about whether this is actually effective at working around the issue so it may not help. Please post here if you have any experience.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi Chris, I've tried your hint in two of my environments, but unfortunately this doesn't help to get rid of the beacon alerts. We may have to involve support & engineering here. Thanks & best regards Oliver