cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Inventory Agent - installed by local account with administrator privilege

Hello,

If I use a local account with administrator privilege (not a built-in administrator) and install the agent, then delete the account, will the agent be able to run inventory as schedule?

FYI: I tried and found the agent service in services.msc but could not inventory successfully. But the built-in administrator was successful.

I also used a local account with administrator privilege (not a built-in administrator) for adopted with credential stored in Password Manager of Beacon but it said that "The Service Control Manager of the remote device is available, but there are no credentials to connect to the Service Control Manager." although I could remote desktop by that account normally.

These are the accounts I'm mentioning

Untitled.png

Thank you for your support.

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
There's no difference from the agent's perspective between the built-in Administrator account and another account with local administration rights. In fact, it is probably more common/normal to execute the agent installation using a named account that has local administration rights than it is to use the built-in Administrator account.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG 

Thanks for your reply. I have another question, what will happen if I delete the account used to install agent through adopted on the machine (in this case, delete the account localUser). Does the agent continue to inventory information as schedule?

I don't know of any ongoing dependency on the account that a beacon used to make a remote connection to the Service Manager (Windows) or ssh (UNIX) on a device for running an adoption process. Once the adoption has completed I expect it would be safe to delete the account that was used.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG 

I try using an local account with administrator privilege (the 'localUser' in the picture of my first question)to deploy agent via adopted but got error "access is denied" Capture.PNG

How can I use this account for adoption?

Thanks.