cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Agent (v17) 2021 R1 - Mac OS Ventura

Has anyone had success deploying this agent version on Mac OS Ventura recently released?  I understand it is NOT supported by Flexera, is that too correct?  Thought I'd ask here before building a deployment plan in our environment to see any known issues in pursuing 

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I haven't heard of anybody trying the agent on Mac OS Ventura yet. If you get a chance to try it out on the Ventura preview release, please post here with how it goes.

FWIW, I expect the Flexera team will test the agent against this OS version in due course once the OS is actually released.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Deployed to 5 devices, running without issue to my knowledge. It is collecting usage data as well.  I'm checking in with our technical team in hopes we can deploy as Ventura rolls out here.   

I'm assuming Flexera won't support us where we surface issues between v17 and Mac iOS 13.0 (Ventura) until they bless it.  Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks

You're right that use of the agent on Ventura won't be formally supported until Flexera confirms it as a supported OS version. However if you do find issues I'm sure the Flexera team will be interested to hear about them to help guide any testing and verification that they will do once the OS is released.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Gap thus far is the inability for FlexNet agent to recognize it's own agent.  We use this to determine success of our upgrade to v17 (2021 R1).  Has us wondering what else can't it recognize?  Maybe need for difference solution for us there.  I found this is a bug reported 2018 and just now voted on the enhancement page for same found here.  Doesn't see this will be resolved anytime soon

Can not recognize FlexNet agent in applications. 
https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ITAM-I-164

We are aiming to improve OSX bundle packages if they are not installed at the standard locations in 2023 Q1/Q2. for the 2nd question flat package evidence through pkgutil does not provide enough evidence to recognize the installed application/s accurately, no product name/ App name and publisher, and a version with some metadata that is not good enough for recognition.

For the Flexera inventory agent, we will be extending inventory collection to identify the Flexera inventory agent part of the Q1/2 2023 bundle package inventory improvement.

Thanks for asking and helping us to improve and provide more value.

Aamer

Senior Product Management Pro