Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Inventory Date of a device

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Team,

How can we get a report on a First ever Inventory Date (first time reported to FNMS) for all the devices in All Inventory.

Inventory Device Name, IP Address, Corp Unit, Cost Center, First Inventory Date, Last Inventory Date

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can include the Created column in the grid on the Discovery & Inventory > All Inventory page - this column will show when each inventory device record was created in FlexNet. (That's not necessarily exactly the same as when inventory was first gathered from the computer, but may be a suitable proxy for what you're seeking to achieve here.)

After configuring the grid to display with the columns you want, you could click Save view as to save the grid layout for future re-use.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can include the Created column in the grid on the Discovery & Inventory > All Inventory page - this column will show when each inventory device record was created in FlexNet. (That's not necessarily exactly the same as when inventory was first gathered from the computer, but may be a suitable proxy for what you're seeking to achieve here.)

After configuring the grid to display with the columns you want, you could click Save view as to save the grid layout for future re-use.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG 

I have tried using created column, but I see many devices has "last inventory date" older than the "created date". Also, I've observed there is another "Last Updated Date" in history properties of the device.

For ex :  for a device (coming from SCCM) - created date: 26-Apr-2019, Last Inventory Date : 15-Jan-2019, Last Updated Date : 02-May-2019. 

So, this "created" seems to be not reliable, also not sure why created date is later than last inventory date.

Is there any query that I can use in SQL to fetch the "first reported date" to FNMS for all the devices ?

The "created date" will be later than the "last inventory date" if inventory was gathered from a device before that inventory was first imported into FlexNet, and then fresh inventory for the device has never subsequently been gathered/imported. One way to think about it is: when you do the first import of inventory from SCCM, the "created date" on every record will be today, while the "last inventory date" for all records will--by definition--be earlier than the "created date".

As far as I know, inventory tools (such as SCCM) do not typically record the date that inventory was first gathered from a device. Even if they do, that data is not imported into FlexNet.