cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Evidence and its path missing

Hello Experts, 

I have two questions about the application file evidence. 

1. FNMS shows we have software from Informatic installed but we couldn't find its file evidences related to it. Anyone know how to find out all files related to it from FNMS? 

2. Anyone knows why some file evidences missing file path? 

Thanks,

Peng

(2) Solutions

@HPNZNB 

I would start by going into the details of the Software Application you are referencing in the Question 1
Installed Application view.  From their, go to the Evidence tab to see what Installer Evidence is used to recognize the application.  From there, click on the File link at the top of the page.  From here, you can see if there is an File Evidence used to recognize the application.  This may be blank, which means that the ARL is only using Installer Evidence to recognize that the application is installed.

Question 2
I assume for  this, you are going into the details of an Inventory Device.  From there, you go to the Evidence tab, and then look at File Evidence and add the "Raw File Path" column to this view.  

What is the source of Inventory Data where your File Evidence is being imported from?

View solution in original post

The "IA" evidence type is from InstallAnywhere. Here are a couple of pages which give some information about InstallAnywhere details on computers:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

@HPNZNB 

I would start by going into the details of the Software Application you are referencing in the Question 1
Installed Application view.  From their, go to the Evidence tab to see what Installer Evidence is used to recognize the application.  From there, click on the File link at the top of the page.  From here, you can see if there is an File Evidence used to recognize the application.  This may be blank, which means that the ARL is only using Installer Evidence to recognize that the application is installed.

Question 2
I assume for  this, you are going into the details of an Inventory Device.  From there, you go to the Evidence tab, and then look at File Evidence and add the "Raw File Path" column to this view.  

What is the source of Inventory Data where your File Evidence is being imported from?

Hello Kclausen,

Thanks for the information. 

The source of inventory data is from Flexera full agent. 

We found there were old versions of Informatica installed, and only can saw the installer evidences. The application owner said they had uninstalled the old versions. Since there was no file path for installer evidence, how can we check where did the agent scan the installer evidence. 

Thanks! 

@HPNZNB - That depends on the Platform and the type of Installer Evidence.  For example, if the platform is Windows and the Evidence Type is "Uninstall", that means that the evidence is being found in the Windows Registry, likely associated with Add/Remove Programs.

@kclausen  

The Platform is Linux. Please see the screenshot. screenshot..PNG

@HPNZNB - We need to see the specific type of evidence from the Server where you are getting the false positive, please.

1) Go to Active Inventory
2) Find and open up the Inventory Device where Informatica is being reported
3) Open the Evidence tab of this device
4) Find the raw installed evidence that is showing that Informatica 9.6 is installed.  Make sure that the Raw Evidence Type column is included.

Here you go. The Raw Evidence type is IA. 

screenshot..PNG

The "IA" evidence type is from InstallAnywhere. Here are a couple of pages which give some information about InstallAnywhere details on computers:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)