cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiel generated for SCCM job ends up in BadPackages folder

I have two SCCM jobs running..

First SCCM job works fine and reports in as expected.

The second SCCM job completes the Gathering inventory data task successfully but remaining tasks in job are pending.  When I check on beacon I see the file generated from the gathering inventory data task is placed in the  C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData\BadPackages directory.

In the upload.log file on beacon I see following errors:

2019-10-09 20:10:10,160 [Upload.UploadProcess  ] [INFO ] Found 2 new package(s) to upload

2019-10-09 20:10:10,191 [Upload.UploadProcess  ] [ERROR] Package upload failed

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Upload.UploadProcess.ProcessPackageList(Int32 exitCode, List`1 packages)

2019-10-09 20:10:10,300 [Upload.UploadProcess  ] [INFO ] Processing package 'L[S=IBM SCCM Prod Instance ]_201910090810_9592d2b3-2aae-43c6-b515-85ad93dc1da8.zip' in C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot further why file is getting moved to badpackages folder?

Thanks

Craig

(1) Solution

Found a trailing space in the connection name that I inadvertently used when I created the SCCM job on the beacon.

There is a KD that discusses spaces as an issue so was planning to remove space and retry...

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Error-Object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object-When/ta-p/5339 

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Found a trailing space in the connection name that I inadvertently used when I created the SCCM job on the beacon.

There is a KD that discusses spaces as an issue so was planning to remove space and retry...

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Error-Object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object-When/ta-p/5339