cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure Processing Inventory Upload

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Has anyone seen a similar error as the one below?

"ManageSoft.Inventory.Importer.InventoryOutOfDate: Ignoring out of date Inventory. Inventory Date: 7/7/2020 9:52:10 PM; Last processed inventory HWDate: 7/7/2020 9:52:10 PM SWDate: 7/8/2020 1:34:10 AM ServicesDate: 7/8/2020 1:34:10 AM VMwareServicesDate: 7/7/2020 9:52:10 PM, OracleVMManagerDate 7/8/2020 1:34:10 AM at ManageSoft.Inventory.Importer.DatabaseImport.AssertInventoryIsNewer(InventoryReport lastSaved, Inventory file, DateTime fileDate) at ManageSoft.Inventory.Importer.DatabaseImport.Begin(InventoryImportSession session) at ManageSoft.Inventory.Importer.Implementation.RootNodeProcessor.HandleElement() at ManageSoft.Inventory.Importer.Implementation.BaseElementNodeProcessor.Process(InventoryImportSession session) at ManageSoft.Inventory.Importer.InventoryImporter.Import(String importType, Stream inputStream, Boolean isGzipped, String sourceIdentifier, String targetFilename, MGSLicenseTermCheckResult licenseCheckResult, ImportProcessingStats& stats, IDispatcherPreferences preferences)"

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
This is a common message that occurs when an inventory file was received by the inventory server out of order for some reason, and is generally nothing to be too concerned about. One possible reason for this is a sequence of events like the following:

1. Inventory is gathered on a device at a time when the device is not connected to the network and so the inventory file cannot be uploaded. The file is left in a queue to be uploaded.
2. The device connects to the network, and fresh inventory is gathered. This inventory is immediately uploaded.
3. At a later time, the upload task to upload any outstanding queued files is run and uploads the inventory from step #1.

The inventory uploaded at step #3 above will be ignored and trigger a message like you are seeing.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
This is a common message that occurs when an inventory file was received by the inventory server out of order for some reason, and is generally nothing to be too concerned about. One possible reason for this is a sequence of events like the following:

1. Inventory is gathered on a device at a time when the device is not connected to the network and so the inventory file cannot be uploaded. The file is left in a queue to be uploaded.
2. The device connects to the network, and fresh inventory is gathered. This inventory is immediately uploaded.
3. At a later time, the upload task to upload any outstanding queued files is run and uploads the inventory from step #1.

The inventory uploaded at step #3 above will be ignored and trigger a message like you are seeing.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)