cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS "local" application without Installer evidence error

I created custom file evidence for application choco.exe in order to track our installation coverage. 
I created custom application for choco with that file evidence.  I didn't add any 
Installer evidence - because there is none. 

Now, when I open that custom application, it ends up with "unexpected error" in the UI. Cant edit it.

Can someone reproduce this? 

Idea that is it due to "no installer evidence assigned", or just something else in our side.

(1) Solution
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon Weskus, thanks for reaching out on the Community!

A Red-Bar error is usually an indicator of an underlying database or Web UI issue.
I'm not sure whether this relates to the On-Premises or Cloud version of the product, but if this is On-Premises you should see a written log with the same error code in that day's:

ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\WebUI\

logging.

That might offer some more insight into why this error is being thrown.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon Weskus, thanks for reaching out on the Community!

A Red-Bar error is usually an indicator of an underlying database or Web UI issue.
I'm not sure whether this relates to the On-Premises or Cloud version of the product, but if this is On-Premises you should see a written log with the same error code in that day's:

ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\WebUI\

logging.

That might offer some more insight into why this error is being thrown.

On-prem. We will look into that, thanks. Evidence works, so it gathers what we need and links to the application as consumption fine. We just cannot edit it atm. So, its more like an UI/DB issue. I will test it with another installerevidence-less evidence, if it reproduces the issue...