cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EHacking
Active participant

Re: FNMS move all Logs, Readers, and intermediate data to a data drive.

Is there a way to move these files and logs after the fact? We installed our Beacon Server over a year ago, and the person helping us from Flexera said this couldn't be done. It would be great to be able to get this switched without having to uninstall and reinstall.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
0 Kudos
Flexera BradAkers
Flexera

As of today we cannot move these files but long term there are enhancements for this. 

0 Kudos
Flexera mrichardson
Flexera

If you check the reply from ChrisG he provides some registry settings you can modify after stopping all services and then the contents of the folders can be moved. This is the manual approach which I know a few customers use; if you mean an automated method of moving them then no, this is not currently available as Brad stated.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
0 Kudos
Flexera ccrawford
Flexera

There's also the possibility of using a folder junction to workaround this limitation, however I haven't tested this yet so I recommend to try it first on a development environment but I don't see it causing any ill effects as NTFS junctions are supported in .NET.

Using C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging as an example:

1: Shut down the FlexNet Manager services and IIS or any component which has logs you wish to move.

2: Move the log "Logging" folder to the new location, such as D:\Flexera\FNMS\Logging

3: Use the following PowerShell command to create a folder junction:

New-Item 'C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging' -ItemType Junction -Value D:\Flexera\FNMS\Logging

“Things are only impossible until they are not.”
― Jean-Luc Picard