cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS migration to Azure

Hello Community,

I have a question, as I didn't find any thing in documentation regarding installing Flexera FNMS in Azure

I have a project to migrate from an on premise installation to Azure cloud, the question is. Do flexera support SQL as a PaaS solution, or do I need to install a VM and on top of that to install the SQL server?

Because the project team is asking me this questions and I don't know what to answer.

(1) Solution

@adrian_ritz1 - Due to the requirements of FNMS to have SQL Server CLR Integration enabled, Azure SQL Server cannot be used as recent versions of SQL Server Azure (2017 and higher) do not allow CLR to be enabled.

Therefore, you would need to perform a traditional install of SQL Server on an existing Azure instance.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

@adrian_ritz1 - Due to the requirements of FNMS to have SQL Server CLR Integration enabled, Azure SQL Server cannot be used as recent versions of SQL Server Azure (2017 and higher) do not allow CLR to be enabled.

Therefore, you would need to perform a traditional install of SQL Server on an existing Azure instance.