cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS: inventory beacon in LANs with no connection

Hi,

We are deploying several beacons in isolated networks, so we estrablish several VPN connections site to site between Beacon  and central FNMS server (2019R2). The only  ports open are 443 and 80 in central server. but the policy is not dowloaded. We try several versions of beacons (2017 R2, 2109R2, 2020R1).

What are the network requiremets needed to work ?.

Thanks

(1) Solution

Good evening/morning for everyone.

We do think that yes, we did those checkings.

We do use from the beacons the root url from all-in-one itam , on all 3 URL settings and we download with success. https://ITAM_FQDN/

Afterwards, we can do the IExplorer test on the ManagesoftRL/test . No certificates problems; althought being self-signed on the beacon part (on ITAM all-in.one they are validable with CRL certificates).

Thanks for your attention and effort. What else could prevent the Beacon to download their policy? 

We have other environments,  also on cloud, and on them is only necessary to have Local Admin or System account on the beaconengine service to succeed.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi there,

Provided the parent connections are set-up properly in the beacon UI, I would start by checking BeaconService.log and see what it says in regards to downloading its policy.

and by BeaconService.log, i mean BeaconEngine.log

The connection is from these beacons to central server, without parent beacon. The test connection thought interfae works.

We are waiting to recieve the log to further analysis.

Thanks,

Hopefully the logs will give more specific insight into what is not working, but in the meantime the following page is a good reference for understanding specific network connections and port requirements that apply to different communication pathways used by beacons: Ports and URLs for Inventory Beacons.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

As far as I know, the communication is from beacon to app server, how did you test port? 

Also when you configured the beacon you need to import the beacon configuration file, which contain an BeaconID which need to be identical with the BeaconID configured in your WebUI.

After beacon config file is imported, did you test from beacon interface the upload location? 

Did you receive some errors?

Good evening/morning for everyone.

We do think that yes, we did those checkings.

We do use from the beacons the root url from all-in-one itam , on all 3 URL settings and we download with success. https://ITAM_FQDN/

Afterwards, we can do the IExplorer test on the ManagesoftRL/test . No certificates problems; althought being self-signed on the beacon part (on ITAM all-in.one they are validable with CRL certificates).

Thanks for your attention and effort. What else could prevent the Beacon to download their policy? 

We have other environments,  also on cloud, and on them is only necessary to have Local Admin or System account on the beaconengine service to succeed.