cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS agent correctly installed but data are not visible in FNMS

Hi Community,

I have a strange issue with some of the agents installed on servers. The agents are correctly installed, they deliver data to beacon and also this information are found in Inventory Manager database (IM), but from that database they are not imported in the daily reconcile with inventory import.

I checked the IM database they are in the database.

I checked importedcomputer database in FNMS database, they are not there.

I tried to delete the inventory from IM and let the system recreate them, they are recreated but still not visible in the FNMS after reconcile import.

I checked after agentID to be not duplicated with other server, it's not, it's unique, I have no idea where to check and where can be the issue.

May be someone encountered this problem.

Thank you all for your support and I wish you all a nice day.

(5) Replies

Hi Adrian,

Do you have Xendesktop connection in place? and Are you facing this issue on VDI Servers? 

If yes then i believe those VDI servers will not get inventoried, even though if they appears on the IM DB it will get ignored during reconcile.

Thank you

Sasi

Hi,

No Xendesktop connection and no VDI servers, they are standard Windows 2012 Servers , virtual machines on VmWare.

Hi @adrian_ritz1,

If it is not a VDI device, check if is related to serial number issue(as mentioned by @Tooling42 . Check if the serial number of the device is already appearing on the compliance DB or UI, if yes may be the below mentioned thread will give you some ideas.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/will-device-not-get-inventoried-if-it-have-duplicate-serial/td-p/155242

Thank you

Sasi

Hi,

Thank you for your answers, I did some additional checking and what I found out is in the inventory manager database there is a table called

ComputerResourceData, in this file I see the impacted servers created multiple time, and have different ComputerUID, if I check the .ndi file created and imported in the date when he was imported, I can't find this ComputerUID in .ndi file. Is this a normal behavior, can some explain to me why I see different computerUID when the serial number is the same and also the agentID is unique. 

And some of this computers are not imported in FNMS database, some how they got discarded during the import.

Thank you all for your support and I wish you a nice day.

Adrian Ritz

Hi adrian_ritz1,

I know that agentID should avoid duplicate entries, but only to be sure, have you checked the serial number of the missing devices (inside the NDI file and in the compliance db)? Perhaps there are already devices with the same serial number, but without an agentID because there are also old agents, without agentID in place.

Kind regards