cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Requirements - Does Service account need to be local admin?

Wanted to clarify if a requirement for the service account to be a member of local admin of application and/or beacon servers.

Did not find reference in documentation so wanted to clarify.  We performed several installations where not a member of local admin and everything fine.  We recently installed FNMS 2019 R1 where service account not a member and see several errors which related to permissions so we are wondering if because not a member.

Thanks

Craig

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Craig,

I would consider it to be best practice.

Did you use the service account for installation, or did you have a dedicated installation account? Just out of interest, could you share the issues you had?

Best regards,

Markward

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

While it is common for the service account to be granted local administrator rights on FlexNet servers, I don't think this is documented as a strict requirement for current FlexNet releases.

Rights that the service account requires are covered in Table 3: Service account privileges starting on page 19 in the Installing FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises PDF (this link is current for the 2019 R1 release - look for other versions of the document if you are working with a different release).

If your service account has been granted all the documented rights are you are still seeing problems, it would be interesting to hear more about those problems in case there is anything missing from the documented rights that is needed for your scenario.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)