Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Reports Download Issue

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

On a customer request, I've created a report in FNMS Reports section (FNMS 2017R3) - for All Softwares installed, HW configuration across all devices. The number of total rows are around 10,000,00.  When I tried to download the report in excel format, it failed.

I tried to download it multiple times applying filters on few columns. In any filter, the number of records are no less than 120,000. Even this report also failed to download.

Is there any specific limit of records that FNMS is capable of exporting to csv or excel ? How can we download the reports if the records are more than 100,000

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

(1) Solution
Application Life Cycle info (if available) is in the SoftwareTitle view. You can relate that through the "SoftwareTitleID" available on the InstalledApplicationInfo view.

The Status is the SoftwareTitle.SoftwareTitleActionID Column - which can have a value of 1 - 6. 1 = Unmanaged, 2 = Authorized, 3 = Unauthorized, 4 = Ignored, 5 = Inactive, 6 = Deferred.

For additional table information, there is a Schema Reference available from your Online Help Home page with a complete list of objects available for query.

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran
Or any SQL query that I can use to download hardware specs, installed softwares for 170 devices ?

If this is on prem please check the WebUI log located on C:/ProgramData/Flexera Software/Compliance/Logging/WebUI. This will give you the error. If this is a cloud account please open a support ticket to have the operations team check on the report in the background. 

To answer your question there is no hard and fast rule. It is based on the browser that is being used normally. In the WebUI reports will be maxed at 1,000,000 rows. 

DAWN
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran
I would try downloading as a CSV rather than Excel for large datasets. You can join the ComplianceComputer and InstalledApplicationInfo views (on compliancecomputerid) to get the same information. Example: select * from ComplianceComputer cc join InstalledApplicationInfo app on cc.compliancecomputerid = app.ComplianceComputerId where cc.computername = 'Steelers' -- apply your filter order by cc.computername

Thanks @DAWN  and @BradAkers  for your responses.

I can download the reports with out any issues (not sure why its started working now), but maxed out at 1000000.

This is seems to be excel limitation. 

I have a followup question on this reporting that - 

When we create a new custom report in Reports section and using advanced filter - Is there any way that I can select multiple devices in a single line against inventory device name, instead selecting inventory device name multiple times with "or" option ? This would really help us running reports for different scenarios

While there IS an Operator available in Advanced Filters called "Is Any Of" - it does not appear to limit to a list as I expected (in my reference 2018 R2 implementation). Utilizing a set of "OR" operators is likely your best bet at this time.

@DAWN 

Thanks for the sql query, that really helped me.

Also, against the same previous query, how can we add the

1. applications's status (active/unauthorized/deffered...etc.,)

2. application's life cycle information like start of life, end of sales/support/extended support etc. 

Application Life Cycle info (if available) is in the SoftwareTitle view. You can relate that through the "SoftwareTitleID" available on the InstalledApplicationInfo view.

The Status is the SoftwareTitle.SoftwareTitleActionID Column - which can have a value of 1 - 6. 1 = Unmanaged, 2 = Authorized, 3 = Unauthorized, 4 = Ignored, 5 = Inactive, 6 = Deferred.

For additional table information, there is a Schema Reference available from your Online Help Home page with a complete list of objects available for query.