cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Programming language(s)

Hi,

I need to run some tests on our setup. Does somebody know in which programming language(s) FNMS is developed ?

Have a nice day everyone.

(1) Solution

Programming languages used for various components in FlexNet Manager Suite include:

• C#
  • C++
  • SQL
  • JavaScript
  • Java
  • Go
  • PowerShell
  • UNIX shell
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Just a guess: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B/CLI or perhaps C#?

Best regards,

Markward

Programming languages used for various components in FlexNet Manager Suite include:

• C#
  • C++
  • SQL
  • JavaScript
  • Java
  • Go
  • PowerShell
  • UNIX shell
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

Just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing where Go was used?

Best regards,

Markward

Go is used for developing a range of microservices that make up part of FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud (along with other Flexera cloud capabilities).

On a half related note - If you're interested in using Go for microservice development then check out Goa, an open source project that enables developers to develop cloud services in the Go programming language using a unique design first approach. Various Flexera developers are involved in the Goa project - see https://community.flexera.com/t5/Flexera-Engineering-Blog/Announcing-Goa-v3-0-0/ba-p/102431.