cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Inventory - IP Address Sort Order

Hiya,

I tried searching Community and had no hits on the topic, so here goes.

Our servers report multiple IP addresses - no great surprise there.  The sort order in the UI appears to be numerical (small to large - 10 is smaller than 172 which is smaller than 204, for instance), rather than grouped by "primary", "secondary", etc.  In our environment, the presentation order of "offnet" IP values (172.x.x.x) frequently frustrates a simple sort by IP value.  It would be great to be able to move it to "last" in any displayed ordering.

Is there any internal logic that would assist to change that order?  I assume this would have to be accomplished in the SQL tables, of course.

Else, I assume my best bet is to export the data and do some Excel fu to spit each IP into its own cell.

Thanks,

David Mathias

NTT DATA Services

(1) Solution

This is an alphanumeric field as it contains numbers, periods, and semi-colons.  Similar to a Street Address.

I cannot think of an easy way to accomplish your goal is to download the View as Excel and work some magic with Excel or Access, or even something like Tableau or Power  BI, perhaps.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

This is an alphanumeric field as it contains numbers, periods, and semi-colons.  Similar to a Street Address.

I cannot think of an easy way to accomplish your goal is to download the View as Excel and work some magic with Excel or Access, or even something like Tableau or Power  BI, perhaps.