cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flexera BradAkers
Flexera

Re: FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

Jump to solution

You can rerun the mgspolicy.exe with the -t machine flag. This will force a policy update. This will also help determine if the issue is network related. 

View solution in original post

Flexera rlowery
Flexera

Jump to solution

@rclark0 wrote:

These were non UNIX devices. Also I can see that the policy wasn't downloaded on machines we looked at, not sure how to get the policy to download at this point.

Unix devices will retry bootstrapping policy at least once per day.   Windows devices do not share this behavior and will only retry bootstrapping policy on device reboot assuming this was a transient issue that will correct on retry.

0 Kudos
SMC_CIT_Alex
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is a typical boring behavior of windows agent. If they are not able to join the beacon they stop trying.

Another point I already told, is to check for the log for what URLs are trying on the FNMP.

I've seen on a customer some agents sending the policy request with the "administrator.npl" instead of servername.npl.

Are you sure you're running as a system account or full admin ? 

For windows you can use the command sent before or restart the service, which could be pretty easier with tools like puppet.. 

Regards,

Alexandre

0 Kudos
Flexera mgunnels1
Flexera

Jump to solution

Good Morning,

When addressing agent issues please check the following.

1. Make sure the agent package contains the fully qualified name of the beacon.
  2. Can you resolve the fully qualified name of the beacon from the target device?
  3. Can your telnet over port 80 or 443 (depending on your configuration) from the target device to the beacon.
  4. If using https can you reach the default web site from the target device? Do you get cert errors?
  5. If the beacon is using IIS please review the IIS log. Search for the IP of the device your installing the agent on. (Any errors?)
rclark0
Active participant

Jump to solution

Thank you,

This might be our best coarse of action.

0 Kudos