cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Attachment Storage

For documents attached to Contracts, Purchases and Licenses are those easily assessible from the server? I have a need to download many documents, opening them one by one manually will take some time I'd rather invest more wisely elsewhere.

Thanks in advance!

(2) Replies

Ironically right after I searched, then decided might be a new topic this shows up on my screen after I hit send.  Might be my answer, passing over to our more technical folks to see if it meets the mark

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Exporting-Attachments/td-p/179516

If however there are other ideas more easily performed open to hearing them here. Will update on our progress as well

I have been able to use the LINQpad suggestion that bheadley provided in your linked post. You will need some technical skill to set up a connection to your FNMS Compliance database and to run the script. This is the script that I have used to pull any file out of the Documents table: 

byte[] result = Document_MTs.Where(d => d.TenantID==1 
	&& d.DocumentName == "Lorem_Ipsum.txt" 
	&& d.PurchaseOrderID == null
  	&& d.AssetID == null
    && d.PurchaseOrderID == null  
    && d.PurchaseOrderDetailID == null
    && d.ContractID == null
    && d.SoftwareLicenseID == null
    && d.ComplianceUserID == null
    && d.DocumentNoteID == null
    && d.ContractNoteID == null
    && d.TermAndConditionID == null
 )
  .Select(d => d.DocumentFile).Single().ToArray();
File.WriteAllBytes(@"c:\Lorem_Ipsum.txt", result);
Console.WriteLine("Done");

You will need to modify the file name and the conditions to match your specify file (or file set), but is is faster than manually downloading them from the UI. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".