cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Application Configuration issue

Dear Team,

I am doing fresh FNMS 2020R2 installation. I have completed DB creation successfully & When am trying to run powershell to configure application server, getting below error.

Any one has any idea. 

TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------

Cannot connect to fnmsdb.test.local.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 0)

For help, click: https://docs.microsoft.com/sql/relational-databases/errors-events/mssqlserver-0-database-engine-error

(1) Solution

None that I am aware of. I have seen this issue in a test environment a while ago. I once solved it by removing and re-joining the VM to the domain. But I think this was no permanent solution. I am really not sure what's the actual root cause for this error.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Sound like some domain stuff. Is this machine part of a domain?

Yes machine is part of domain. Do we require any specific setting on domain.

None that I am aware of. I have seen this issue in a test environment a while ago. I once solved it by removing and re-joining the VM to the domain. But I think this was no permanent solution. I am really not sure what's the actual root cause for this error.

Hey, Buddy

I have found the solution, I have removed not required SPN from server attribute in active directory

@durgeshsingh  - Yes, I agree with @mfranz .  If you Google your error message about SSPI Context, all of the articles indicate that this is a Kerberos authentication error.