cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Agnet Remote Deployment

Is it possible to develop deployment tool for FNMS agent remote deployment from Beacon or App Server with system privileges  ?

(1) Solution

A few different ways this can be done as described in the document with Discovery & Inventory rules of the beacons and adoption. This with any remote connection and/or software deployment can have it's assumptions like networking connectivity, permissions, etc. 

If you are using a software deployment solution (GPO, SCCM, PDQ Deploy, etc.) each of the types of packages have their set of instructions to follow and what files or binaries are required. As an example, for Windows you can download a "Bootstrap Template" with preconfigured options that the Windows MSI package can leverage during the installation. For an "installation package", having the MSI, INI (bootstrap) file and Data1.cab in the same directory you can script the installation for your environment. 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni
Good morning, Yes, FlexNet Agents can be deployed using the Beacons. On Windows, the agent uses the 'System' account. Best regards Thorsten
Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
Can you guide me how to deploy agent on Windows OS machines?

Yes, you can find everything explained in the "Gathering FlexNet Inventory" guide published in Flexera Helpnet:
Gathering FlexNet Inventory.pdf

Hope this helps,

Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

A few different ways this can be done as described in the document with Discovery & Inventory rules of the beacons and adoption. This with any remote connection and/or software deployment can have it's assumptions like networking connectivity, permissions, etc. 

If you are using a software deployment solution (GPO, SCCM, PDQ Deploy, etc.) each of the types of packages have their set of instructions to follow and what files or binaries are required. As an example, for Windows you can download a "Bootstrap Template" with preconfigured options that the Windows MSI package can leverage during the installation. For an "installation package", having the MSI, INI (bootstrap) file and Data1.cab in the same directory you can script the installation for your environment.