cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Agent upgrade using FNMS Console

Dear Community,

I have been testing to see if upgrading FNMS agent will cause any problems on my endpoints or not. I've tried upgrading on a few systems, but had to manually check the status of upgrade on these systems to see if the upgrade was successful or not.

Is there any specific way that I can track if the upgrade was successful or not from within the FNMS console to know the upgrade completed successfully?

Or will I have to manually check the status on each system?

Regards,

Aftab

(1) Solution
The Discovery & Inventory > FlexNet Inventory Agent Status page (in the Inventory group) shows you all of your inventory devices that have been identified as having the FlexNet inventory agent installed or as being included in the list of the devices that have been targeted by a discovery and inventory rule that includes the option of adoption. The list excludes any inventory devices that have been ignored.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Aansari,

Are you able to see the installation listed in Installed Applications for the new version of the agent? You should be able to create a Management View of the new and old agent versions, and the former should rise as the latter decreases through the upgrade process.

You may also see in All Discovered Devices the adoption information. You can see the last inventory date and cross reference that to the new agent installed version - this will tell you the last time the new agent reported.

If this does not work, you may need to look outside the Flexera solution - if you are deploying agents via e.g. SCCM, then you should be able to see the results of the installation there?

HTH

Bob Miller

R.Miller
The Discovery & Inventory > FlexNet Inventory Agent Status page (in the Inventory group) shows you all of your inventory devices that have been identified as having the FlexNet inventory agent installed or as being included in the list of the devices that have been targeted by a discovery and inventory rule that includes the option of adoption. The list excludes any inventory devices that have been ignored.