cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS 2020 R2 - Flexera Inventory Docker Monitor Service Error - Windows Servers

Hello all!

We have recently upgraded about 2,500 + Windows Servers with the latest FlexNet Inventory Agent (16.0.1) within the past few months.

Recently, multiple teams have informed us that they are getting the types of messages below in Event Viewer:

"The Flexera Inventory Docker Monitor service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this XXXXX time(s)."

Is anyone else seeing the same type of messages as well?

We have also tried to start the "Flexera Inventory Docker Monitor" service, but it will not start due to the following:

"Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

(2) Solutions
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
Hi

Unfortunatly this is a bug with 2020r2/16.0.1 agent that I think is fixed in the 2020r2.1 or r2.2. We temporary stopped all docker inventories until we can deploy the newer version

View solution in original post

@davidle Using agent version 17.0 will get this issue rectified. 

View solution in original post

(16) Replies
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
Hi

Unfortunatly this is a bug with 2020r2/16.0.1 agent that I think is fixed in the 2020r2.1 or r2.2. We temporary stopped all docker inventories until we can deploy the newer version

Hi @mag00_75 .

Thank you for your suggestion as that resolved the re-occurring error messages we are seeing with the Flexera Inventory Docker Monitor Service.

Do you happen to know when the new fixed will be released?

Thanks!

- David

Hi

I think it's resolved in 2020R2.1. cloud agent version and bug ref FNML-72577

IOJ-2171347 Flexnet inventory agent service deadlock with Flexera Inventory Docker Monitor

If you only run the onpremise agent versions it will be fixed in 2021R1

we are still getting this error with 2021 r1 version of agents.  Is anyone else?

Error 1067:The Process Terminated Unexpectedly

@joshua_neadow - it sounds like you are getting affected by a different issue from what @mag00_75 has referred to above.

I expect you'll see some additional diagnostic details about the process termination appearing in the Application event log on affected computers. Can you find any details there that you can share?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Per the logs, the error occurs during the starting services portion of the install.  The first two services start just fine, but the docker monitor errors out with "Please ensure you have sufficient privilege's to start this service. " Unauthorized"

I had a look around for that specific error message, and can't work out where it might be coming from or what it might indicate. Can you share a screenshot or logs showing where/what you're seeing?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

i have attached the error that we are experiencing.  In the logs it gives the same error.  In event viewer we get that there was an error but nothing really descriptive about it.

Hi @joshua_neadow 

The system error you see in the event viewer is the known bug for 2020R2, which I experienced myself and where among the few first in reporting this. We have rolled out 2021R1 now to our clients and I activated Docker inventory a couple of days back and we do not see the termination errors any longer.

The error you see during installation I would guess is related to how you triggered the installation. Give it a try starting a cmd-exe (run as administrator) and from that window you execute the setup.exe

A longshot, are you running 32bit or 64bit windows? to my knowledge the docker inventory is a 64 bit component and the rest of the agent is 32.

this is the FNMS Agent package for 2021R1.  we are installing on 64 bit windows system.  we have tried to install via command line, powershell, SCCM, and via right click on setup and run as admin lol.

I would grab the installation.log file in that case and start a support case. We have more than 40.000 agents on version 2021R1 / 17.0.1 in our environment, plus a bunch of the older versions.

we have created a case and it is currently with engineering.  i was hoping to find someone else have the same or a similar issue in the community.  thank you for your assistance though.  greatly appreciated.

The attached "System errors.PNG" screenshot is getting close to relevant information to help take a step forward to pinpoint what is going on here. Look at the information under the "Details" tab - it will contain diagnostic information about exactly what component is encountering problems.

image.png

The message in the "dockermon error.PNG" screenshot about having sufficient privileges is a generic message from Windows Installer indicating a possible cause for why a service may fail to start. The other more specific information you've been able to gather about what you're seeing suggests that message is a red herring, and that this issue is almost certainly not related to privileges.

It looks like the event ID is a common id with many other services not starting.   Thoughts?

That does look like a fairly common ID.

However I noticed in this screenshot that you're looking in the System event log. My earlier suggestion was to look for error events appearing in the Application event log (which is what I mistakenly thought you were taking screenshots from). Do you see anything appearing in the Application event log at the time the service is failing to start?

@davidle Using agent version 17.0 will get this issue rectified.