cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(FNMS 2019R2) Mac OS X - Flexera Agent Installer Evidence

Hi @ll,

we have successfully installed the agent for Mac OS X and the inventory information is transferred. Unfortunately, we cannot find any information about the currently installed agent version in FNMS (Applications / Evidence). How and with which evidence is the agent recognized and displayed under Mac OS X?

Found only this Installer Evidence ...

2020-02-24 10_56_56-VW_SAM - VMware Workstation.png

Thanks and Best,

Dennis

(2) Solutions

This is a known bug, and we've had a case open since March 14, 2018. Here's the last communication I received in the case:

"It turns out that this is a known issue (FNMS-26077 - OS X agent does not produce inventory from package bundles in /Library/Receipts or pkgutil). As a result, the FNMS agent does not collect recognition evidence on Mac OS X. At the moment we don't have an ETA for a fix."

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

View solution in original post

The item FNMS-26077 that @EHacking has referred to here is now being tracked under the following IdeaITAM-I-164: macOS agent does not gather inventory from package bundles in /Library/Receipts or pkgutil.

If this capability is of interest for you, please vote for the Idea to help raise its priority and visibility.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(9) Replies

hi @dennis_reinhardt ,

Please check with flexnet inventory agent in the MAC inventory Device properties Evidence Tab in which is installed with the agent without applying any filters. Please find the snapshot below and hope this helps.

winvarma_0-1582540185352.png

Regards,

Winvarma

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Dennis,

Have you checked the "Unrecognized Evidences"?

Best regards,

Markward

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
For 2018r2 mac had its own application “for mac” but with 2019r2 it seams to be merged with the ordinary 2019r2 agent.
I added the swidtag from unrecognized inventory to get it to work.

I found the Mac application evidences are quite poor comparing to windows evidences

Since 2019 R2 there is no .dmg installer available and we've to use a .pkg file to install the agent (installer -verbose -pkg ManageSoft.pkg -target /)

I've checked the NDI and there is no entry with one of the following words (FlexNet, Agent, Inventory, ManageSoft). Customer doens't use file scan with the agent, so I can't add the swidtag file.

@mag00_75  could you please send us a screenshot of the swid evidence you've added.

Thanks, Dennis

One thing that we have observed in our installation is that evidences with type ANY, mostly work on all Windows type evidences like registry and MSI, not as good on Mac and Linux. If you add the following installer evidence you might see some difference. Please note that you need to scan the files to pick up SWID-tags.

Installer evidenceInstaller evidence

This is a known bug, and we've had a case open since March 14, 2018. Here's the last communication I received in the case:

"It turns out that this is a known issue (FNMS-26077 - OS X agent does not produce inventory from package bundles in /Library/Receipts or pkgutil). As a result, the FNMS agent does not collect recognition evidence on Mac OS X. At the moment we don't have an ETA for a fix."

The item FNMS-26077 that @EHacking has referred to here is now being tracked under the following IdeaITAM-I-164: macOS agent does not gather inventory from package bundles in /Library/Receipts or pkgutil.

If this capability is of interest for you, please vote for the Idea to help raise its priority and visibility.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi,

Is this problem still persist or do we have a solution.

Does FNMS inventory agent for MAC OS works ? we are using FNMS 2020 R1 version.

Regards
Raghuvaran R

The agent does work. I've got it on several of our Macs, but the agent is not recognized. The case is still open with no resolution date.