cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wernerb
Active participant

Re: FNMS 2019 R1 Update 5 - some thoughts

Jump to solution
Hi, You need to verify all the comps.xml that was scanned by the tracker in the tracker.log There might be some old backup directories, comps.xml contains all the installer evidence.
Highlighted
ronaldschreur
Intrepid explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,  Thanks I am aware of that issue. But in this case FNMS is saying that is last reported/ Inventoried on September 2017. So it should not report on it.

0 Kudos
ronaldschreur
Intrepid explorer

Jump to solution

or Online help is wrong as it stated:

Inventory date

The most recent date this evidence was detected on this inventory device.

But then should be:

Inventory date

The first date this evidence was detected on this inventory device.

0 Kudos
Flexera mrichardson
Flexera

Jump to solution

Hi Ronald,

The reason the dates don't match up is because the inventory date in screenshot 1 relates to the normalised inventory date for the device itself which is the most recent date across all sources.

In the Evidence tab,  the inventory date relates to the date for that specific data source / entry and we intentionally kept this separate from the main inventory device date to cover scenarios where one data source / piece of evidence was out of date whereas the device itself was showing a recent date.

In this instance I would check whether that particular source is being updated as it likely is showing outdated inventory.

Does this help?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
ronaldschreur
Intrepid explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response. In that case the online help needs to be extended with this useful information.

Regarding your feedback: In this instance I would check whether that particular source is being updated as it likely is showing outdated inventory.

In my case this device only has 1 Source and that is the FNMS agent. And it is reporting last 29 September. So this means the agent is fully update on Inventory. Als we see other evidence with a record from 29September so this indicates the Software inventory was succesfully executed on 29 Sept.

Or do you mean with check whether that particular source: The evidence source (instead of Inventory source) for that report of installation. In this case OUI? This is probably because of the OUI bugg and it was last reported when it was installed in 2017.

Regards

Ronald 

0 Kudos