cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting LMS RAW data from database

I believe I have found the table in the Compliance database with the raw LMS data stored.

Table: Instance_MT

Field: AuditEvidence (varbinary)

Has anyone figured out how to extract the data from this varbinary field? I am guessing the data stored is a csv field or maybe a zipped csv file.

The intent is to automate the dump of option data collected by LMS scripts to validate our reports and some automation to updating option usage settings in Flexera.

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
The documented description of the AuditEvidence field is as follows: "Oracle LMS CVS files in zip archive"

So I expect you will find the varbinary content is a zip file that you could extract and get a set of CSV files.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

In the upper left of the Oracle Instances view, you will see a link named "Oracle LMS Evidence Archive  Download the evidence".  Clicking on the link will download the same Oracle LMS Evidence CSV/Spreadsheets that would be generated during an Oracle Audit.  You need to be an Administrator to see this link.

The manual link is great but its manual.

There is a lot of great information in the LMS audit evidence required to validate the FNMS application results. For example, looking at historical options usage that could potentially cause issues with an official audit.

The plan is to automate the data out of the binary field and into a data set the team can mine.