cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export SAP connections from old beacon to new beacon

By Anonymous
Not applicable

We're migrating one of our beacons that runs SAP imports to a new server. We have about 50 active SAP connections and it'll be very difficult for us to obtain the credentials for all of them so we want a way to easily migrate these over.

We tried copying the config.xml over but we get an error message saying 'key not valid for use in specified state'

Thanks,

Peter

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I expect the error you are receiving is because the credential information stored in the config.xml file is encrypted in such a way that it can only be decrypted on the computer it came from - it won't be able to be decrypted on any other computer to help keep information secure.

I can't think of any way you'll be able to avoid having to go back to get credentials and enter them in to the new beacon sorry.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I expect the error you are receiving is because the credential information stored in the config.xml file is encrypted in such a way that it can only be decrypted on the computer it came from - it won't be able to be decrypted on any other computer to help keep information secure.

I can't think of any way you'll be able to avoid having to go back to get credentials and enter them in to the new beacon sorry.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)