cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange server 2013 missing Edition information

Hi All,

We edition information is missing for Exchange server 2013, on the UI it is showing as unspecified.

We have agent installed (2019R1.3) on the server for inventory. do we have any solution to get the edition information?

Thank you

Sasi

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, check whether the inventory NDI file gathered from your computer with Exchange Server installed show the edition information. Open the NDI file in a text editor, and look for information like the following:

<Package Name="Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 23 Enterprise" Version="15.0.1497.2" Evidence="MSI">
    <Property Name="Edition" Value="Enterprise"/>
    <Property Name="Publisher" Value="Microsoft Corporation"/>
    <Property Name="InstalledProductName" Value="Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 23 Enterprise"/>
</Package>

If the agent is failing to identify the edition then you will likely see something like the following in the file:

<Package Name="Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Unknown Edition" Version="15.0.516.32" Evidence="MSI">
    <Property Name="Edition" Value="Unknown Edition"/>
    <Property Name="Publisher" Value="Microsoft Corporation"/>
    <Property Name="InstalledProductName" Value="Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Unknown Edition"/>
</Package>

If you see content like the 2nd example (i.e. "Unknown Edition") then that suggests the specialized techniques the agent uses to identify the edition are not working for this particular installation. The attached VBscript replicates similar logic to what is used by the agent - try running this on the computer and check whether the output gives any indication of what is going on.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thank you @ChrisG,

I will verify the ndi file and let you know.

Hi @ChrisG ,

I just go the ndi file and ndi file shows the "Unknown Edition", attached is the screenshot for your reference i have requested to run the vbscript. is there any way to fix this issue?

Thank you

Sasi