cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evidence Inventory evidence for this discovered device is not available-Discovered Device Properties

Team,

Unable to view inventory evidence under Discovered Device Properties. Enclosing error screen shot.

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This message indicates that the particular discovery device record you are viewing is not associated with an inventory device record from which inventory as been reported using the FlexNet inventory agent. It's likely that the discovery device record has been created based on some kind of network discovery operation, not based on inventory being gathered.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks chris for reply. Inventory is coming from flexnet agent only & its happening for all the devices.

@durgeshsingh 

A better view to see the raw Evidence is to go through the Active Inventory view and see actual inventory devices.  From here, the Evidence tab will show all of the captured raw evidence, even if the source of inventory is not the Flexera Agent.

The view/error you are showing from All Discovered Devices implies that you have performed a "Discovery Only" action instead of "Discovery and Inventory" action.  o you see these devices in the Active Inventory view?

OK. So the fact that this discovered device record is not showing any evidence suggests that it is a discovery record that has been created in the system from some other process (such as a discovery job), and is not associated with inventory returned by the agent.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

What's your suggestion to get this information.

The primary type of record to look at in the system if you're looking for inventory data is an "inventory device" record. This is the type of record that gets created based on data from inventory gathered and uploaded by the agent. Evidence that has been imported related to an inventory device can be seen on the "Evidence" tab when viewing that record.

If there is no inventory device record in the system for a particular device you're interested in, some places to start looking at to see if you can get any insight why are:

1. Check the agent is installed and has uploaded inventory from the device.
2. Look for the device name in the "Raw name" in the Inventory Device Matching page, in case the raw details have been mapped to an inventory device with a different name for some reason (which is possible if other identity properties match across multiple raw computer records).

Look at "discovered device" records if you want to see information from network discovery processes. You will only see evidence data through discovered device records if the discovered device happens to have been matched up to an inventory device record, which depends on inventory and discovery processes returning data allowing both types of records to be matched up - which isn't always possible.