cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Ever question why a software installation in FNMS is showing up?

Ever wonder why one of your devices is showing SQL Server Enterprise Edition (or Enterprise edition of some other application) when you were expecting Standard Edition?  Or have you found devices that should have the latest version of Word installed but it’s only showing the last one?

If you're on FNMS Cloud then open any Inventory device that has installations and you will now see…

EvidenceTab1.png

This new Evidence tab contains all of the “raw” evidence that comes from devices

EvidenceTab2.png

Some key fields to pay attention to:

Raw XXXX – these fields are the actual values from the data source, little merging or normalisation has occurred at this point.

Recognized application and Assigned application – these will mostly be the same application unless precedence rules or suites are involved; Assigned application is the application the evidence is assigned to in the local or Flexera ARL, the Recognized application is the application that will show as Installed in the Applications tab – see online help for details. 

If these are blank, it means the evidence has not been assigned to an application so this is something that needs submitting to our ARL team (this is especially useful with the WMI tab as there is no Unrecognized evidence view for WMI elsewhere in FNMS).

Inventory source and Inventory dates – check these fields to make sure that if unexpected evidence is showing up you can see if it’s an out of date source and which source that is.

By using a combination of the available fields, you can identify what type of evidence triggered an installation, what source it came from, when it was last updated and when an evidence isn’t assigned in the ARL.

If there are any additional scenarios we haven’t accounted for, please let us know!

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
17 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Ever question why a software installation in FNMS is showing up?

Further to this, I'm please to announce that we have created hotfixes to add this functionality to On-Premises customers on 2019 R1, 2018 R2 and 2018 R1.

These are available on our Product and Licensing Center however for more details, please see the relevant hotfix pages:

2019 R1 - Look at "Update 2019R1-05" on Flexnet Manager Suite 2019 R1

2018 R2 - Look at "Update 2018R2-06" on Flexnet Manager Suite 2018 R2

2018 R1 - Look at "Update 2018R1-09" on Flexnet Manager Suite 2018 R1

There are also further improvements to this tab coming in FNMS 2019 R2, specifically the file path is included in the upcoming release.

If you are not sure how to use our Product and License Center, please see How to Access the Product and License Center 

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

May I suggest news of these updates also be posted in the FlexNet Manager Release Blog.
Great feature!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Hi @tschaus,

I don't have permissions to do so but have asked for this to be done.

0 Kudos
Active participant

Hi, I'm just testing this on the test environment. Looks promising. What I'm missing though is an option to create a report via Report Builder that would start from the Installations or Inventory Device -> Installations and include the evidence trigger. Otherwise for bigger lists of software you it is time consuming to provide those details individually for each and every device.

0 Kudos