cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Error Returned Accessing Data Inputs on New Cloud Release 2019 R1.3

Hello Everyone, I just noticed this after the new FNMS Cloud Update last night .. I have opened a new Case for this  #01872343.

After last nights new FNMS Cloud Release of 2019 R 1.3 I receive an error after clicking Data Inputs under the Options area. I tried it in both IE and Chrome .. same error message.

(10) Replies

Bruce,

I checked and I am not having the same issue.

What is the error message?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry, thanks for checking .. I have attached a jpeg image of my error  .. must be just my Cloud Instance.

That does not give you much to go on except to give to Support. Curious if you tried clearing your browser cache?

I am able to get to Data Inputs page from IE, Chrome and FireFox. I would assume that both of us are using the NA instance of the FNMS cloud. That tells me that it is your instance specifically, or something local to your machine.

You try from another machine?

Wish I was able to assist more!

-Larry

Hi Larry, yes I am using the North American Cloud environment .. thanks again for checking. I have seen this before with my Data Input stuff, last time it cleared overnight. The engineering folks thought it was a business adapter scheduled /running on 2 Beacons but we only use 1 Beacon for the Adapters.

Will check it tomorrow morning ...

Thx again

Bruce

bruce,

Just checking in to see if you were still experiencing the issue or has it been resolved? If resolved, could you please share the resolution?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry ..  it is still not co operating yet .. Support has passed my case onto Engineering. The last time it occurred it resolved itself after the next reconciliation occurred. Just my luck, our next conciliation Tuesday night / Wednesday morning timed out yesterday so we have not had a successful reconciliation since the error occurred. Things are looking ok for last nights reconciliation,  so I am cautiously optimistic it will be ok after the reconciliation completes in a few hours.

I am thinking one of our Business Adapters got hung up during the upgrade that took place on Monday evening. I will logon to our Beacon that runs the Adapters to see if anything obvious is going on.

I will update the post for sure once things get sorted out ... like yourself and probably others, sometimes just clicking the restore default views correct a lot of things but in this case there is nothing to click. I had a co worker try from his laptop and he experiences the same thing.

Bruce

Hi Larry .. this is what Engineering thought had occurred the last time, however, we only use 1 of our 5 Beacons to run Business Adapters .. so who knows.

It looks like you had a business import task that appears to have been scheduled on different beacons. While that is the most recent task of a given name and type, the red bar error occurred. It would have gone away when a new task is submitted of that name on a single beacon.

Hi Larry, just a quick update  .. the engineering folks got back to us to say that we have 2 identical Business Adapter names now showing up. Sure enough, I can now launch the Data Input Gui and as suggested, we now have 2 exact names showing in that Gui for one of our adapters. For sure we don't have 2 Business Adapters with the same name configured on the Beacon so things must of got messed up during our Cloud instance upgrade.

Here is their status at this point, at least the Gui launches now, not sure if they did something to resolve that or not.

Per engineering:

The problem is that there are two data inputs with the same name, CostCenter_IIPM. This is causing the List_BusinessImportTaskStatus view to return duplicate records. There are two possible solutions to this problem, modify the List_BusinessImportTaskStatus view, or cleanup the erroneous data in the TaskExecutionStatusStep table. Both of these will require a hotfix which may take a couple of days to put together and have executed.

There is no workaround for this problem.

SOMETIMES if you delete a Business Adapter on the GUI in the Beacon, it leaves the actual file behind. Can you take a look in "C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\BusinessAdapter" and make sure you don't have any files there that are no longer needed?

Hi Dawn .. thanks for taking an interest in this .. I did look into that directory to see if by chance we had a duplicate xml file but no, just the one.

Bruce