Highlighted
Active participant

Entitlements from Purchases not Reflecting the count/number of Licenses from manually linked Purchases in FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2

Jump to solution
Hi,

I have recently created Purchases of 3 Symantec applications manually in FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2, named mentioned below:

1. Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers 100-249 User 1 Year Maintenance Renewal Enterprise
2. Symantec Protection for SharePoint Servers 1-24 Server 1 Year Maintenance Renewal Enterprise
3. Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise 1000-2499 Device 1 Year Maintenance Renewal Enterprise

Issue:
I was unable to process the purchases from 'Unprocessed Purchases'. Because, all these 3 items were new and when I was selecting any of them individually and trying to process them, from the drop-down list I was unable to find 'New' item's option. Only 'Recommended' & 'Existing License' options were reflecting there.

So, I created licenses for each of the purchases manually and used 'Existing License' option to process the purchase and link the same to the manually created license.
But, the problem is I am unable to find the count/no. of purchases under "All Licenses" tab or against "Entitlements from purchases" under "License Properties".

I am attaching screenshots of the 1st item from the above list in the attachment section, PFA.

Kindly provide some advise to resolve the same.

Thanking you in advance!

Regards,
Sourav
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Entitlements from Purchases not Reflecting the count/number of Licenses from manually linked Purchases in FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2

Jump to solution

@sourav_sengupta  - These purchase are for annual software maintenance renewals.  They are NOT proof of license ownership.  You need to find the original purchases for Symantec that the annual maintenance renewal is for.  Something like this:

Original purchase in 2018 - 500 new licenses for Symantec.  FlexNet would recognize the Symantec Part Number is a purchase type of "Software"

Annual maintenance renewal in 2019 - A purchase of annual maintenance for 500 licenses.  This is what you have in FNMS today.  FlexNet is recognizing this Symantec Part Number as a purchase type of "Software Maintenance"

Annual maintenance renewal in 2020 - This would be a duplicate of the second item, except that this is another annual renewal of maintenance that starts inn 2020 and expires in 2021.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Entitlements from Purchases not Reflecting the count/number of Licenses from manually linked Purchases in FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2

Jump to solution

@sourav_sengupta  - These purchase are for annual software maintenance renewals.  They are NOT proof of license ownership.  You need to find the original purchases for Symantec that the annual maintenance renewal is for.  Something like this:

Original purchase in 2018 - 500 new licenses for Symantec.  FlexNet would recognize the Symantec Part Number is a purchase type of "Software"

Annual maintenance renewal in 2019 - A purchase of annual maintenance for 500 licenses.  This is what you have in FNMS today.  FlexNet is recognizing this Symantec Part Number as a purchase type of "Software Maintenance"

Annual maintenance renewal in 2020 - This would be a duplicate of the second item, except that this is another annual renewal of maintenance that starts inn 2020 and expires in 2021.

View solution in original post