Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise groups discrepancies correction

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello,

In our customer estate of 55k+ devices (FNMS2017R3 and now migrated to 2019R1),  we have AD and SCCM integrations (desktops only).

We see a lot of discrepancies in enterprise groups (Corp Units, Locations, Cost Centers) being imported regularly. But we are not sure which import is causing this either its AD or SCCM or any other..etc.?

1. How to verify which particular inventory connection importing these enterprise groups?

2. If it is AD integration (we see all the ent. groups fields are updated against users), what is the way to disable the enterprise groups from being imported?

3. If it is SCCM integration, what is the way to disable the enterprise groups from being imported?

4. What is the best recommendation to update ent groups against users and devices automatically after disabling the auto-import from sccm or AD ?

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

(4) Replies

Rajesh:

Thank you for the question.  Neither the out-of-the-box Active Directory connector nor the SCCM Inventory Adapter bring in Enterprise Group data, by default.

This information is normally imported into FlexNet Manager using a separate Business Adapter.  Likely during your FlexNet Implementation, a Business Adapter was created that is connecting to Active Directory using LDAP that is bringing in your Enterprise Group information.

That is the research route that I would recommend, would be to look at your existing Business Adapters.

Kirk

Hi KClausen

Thank you for your response.

I was under the same impression and had already verified all the 5 beacons for any LDAP or BAS connections. But I could not find any.

I found there are 10 default AD integrations and 5 default SCCM integrations and 1 default Citrix Xenapp integration only. Also, there are many assets already imported.

I'm not sure if there is any way that we can find out from which source/connections these ent. groups and assets are getting imported

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

If you are seeing enterprise group properties being set on user records, then you might be able to get some hint as to what is going on by looking at the timestamps and user account used to make these updates in the history shown on the user records.

As @kclausen indicates, you will almost certainly find that this data is being imported by some customer business adapter(s) that are in place (even if you haven't found them yet!).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi

You could try and check the BusinessImportLog tables to see when the import was run and how it is named.

• BusinessImportLogSummary_MT
  • BusinessImportLogObject_MT
  • BusinessImportLogDetail_MT

These details might help you finding the actual import.

Best regards,

Markward