cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encryption of DB backups in Cloud platform

Hi Flexera,

We have a question from security team that How is the daily DB snapshot encrypted before it is uploaded to AWS S3, if so where are the keys held and how will they be managed (rotation, destruction etc.)

Can someone help how this is taken care by Flexera as this is missing in the Flexera security docs.

Regards

(1) Solution

All Flexera One customer data stored within databases, S3 or EBS volumes (this represents all customer data in Flexera One) is encrypted at rest using the industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm. Key management is handled by the AWS Key Management Service (KMS).

If you have further questions, contact your Flexera Customer Success Manager or Account Manager who may be able to provide further details on a confidential basis.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you elaborate on exactly what DB snapshot you're referring to here? I can't immediately think of what process Flexera One ITAM has that would be described as a "daily database snapshot that is uploaded to AWS S3".

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

i was referring to the back up of DB and its encryption which will done at the backend by Flexera in AWS on the customer instance.

Regards,

All Flexera One customer data stored within databases, S3 or EBS volumes (this represents all customer data in Flexera One) is encrypted at rest using the industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm. Key management is handled by the AWS Key Management Service (KMS).

If you have further questions, contact your Flexera Customer Success Manager or Account Manager who may be able to provide further details on a confidential basis.

thank you chris.