cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit application properties

Is there a way in which to edit the properties of existing applications where Flexera was the source?

For example, I am working on our Snagit licensing. I wish to edit the TechSmith Snagit 10 application to update the existing fields that currently say "none."

For example: Release Date, End of Sales, End of Support, End of Extended Support, End of Life.

I need to be able to edite this information so that when we generate reports, we can show which software assets on our network need to be updated/removed/replaced. 

(1) Solution

Hi Coravix,

The information you are looking for is stored in the [SoftwareTitle] table in the [FNMSCompliance] database. The SELECT below will pull all relevant information for the TechSmith Snagit products from the database.

Updating the information in the [SoftwareTitle] table is not recommended though. This information is coming from the Flexera ARL and information in your local environment will be overwritten when a new version of the ARL is imported into your system. A new version of the ARL is typically published once a week.

A better alternative would be configuring additional custom fields to the 'Application' object for storing the information. Custom fields will be available from the 'Column Chooser' in standard views in FNMS, like in the 'License Compliance > Applications > All Applications' view.  Obviously, you can build custom reports using SQL that will show this information, too. Custom fields are not available from the standard FNMS ReportBuilder tool.

SELECT 
       st.[FullName]
      ,st.[SoftwareTitleID]
      ,stt.[DefaultValue]               As SoftwareTitleType
      ,stp.[ProductName]
      ,stv.VersionName                  AS Version
      ,ste.EditionName                  As Edition
      ,oms.DescriptionDefaultValue      As OperatorManageState
      ,stc.DefaultValue                 AS [SoftwareTitleClassification]
      ,ge.Path                          AS [Category]
      ,st.[IsLicensable]
      ,st.[ReleaseDate]
      ,st.[IsSharableToLibrary]
      ,st.[AutoManageLicensePriority]
      ,st.[TitleRequiresStrictMatching]
      ,st.[SupportedUntil]
      ,st.[ExtendedSupportUntil]
      ,st.[SoftwareTitleActionID]
      ,st.[HasInstalls]
  FROM [dbo].[SoftwareTitle] st
  JOIN [SoftwareTitleType] stt                ON st.[SoftwareTitleTypeID]    = stt.[SoftwareTitleTypeID]
  JOIN [SoftwareTitleProduct] stp             ON st.[SoftwareTitleProductID] = stp.[SoftwareTitleProductID]
  LEFT OUTER JOIN [SoftwareTitleVersion] stv  ON st.[SoftwareTitleVersionID] = stv.[SoftwareTitleVersionID]
  LEFT OUTER JOIN [SoftwareTitleEdition] ste  ON st.SoftwareTitleEditionID = ste.SoftwareTitleEditionID
  JOIN [OperatorManageState] oms          	  ON st.[OperatorManageStateID] = oms.OperatorManageStateID
  JOIN [SoftwareTitleClassification] stc      ON st.SoftwareTitleClassificationID = stc.SoftwareTitleClassificationID
  JOIN GroupEX ge                             ON ge.GroupExID = st.CategoryID  
  WHERE  stp.[ProductName] LIKE '%snagit%'

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi Coravix,

The information you are looking for is stored in the [SoftwareTitle] table in the [FNMSCompliance] database. The SELECT below will pull all relevant information for the TechSmith Snagit products from the database.

Updating the information in the [SoftwareTitle] table is not recommended though. This information is coming from the Flexera ARL and information in your local environment will be overwritten when a new version of the ARL is imported into your system. A new version of the ARL is typically published once a week.

A better alternative would be configuring additional custom fields to the 'Application' object for storing the information. Custom fields will be available from the 'Column Chooser' in standard views in FNMS, like in the 'License Compliance > Applications > All Applications' view.  Obviously, you can build custom reports using SQL that will show this information, too. Custom fields are not available from the standard FNMS ReportBuilder tool.

SELECT 
       st.[FullName]
      ,st.[SoftwareTitleID]
      ,stt.[DefaultValue]               As SoftwareTitleType
      ,stp.[ProductName]
      ,stv.VersionName                  AS Version
      ,ste.EditionName                  As Edition
      ,oms.DescriptionDefaultValue      As OperatorManageState
      ,stc.DefaultValue                 AS [SoftwareTitleClassification]
      ,ge.Path                          AS [Category]
      ,st.[IsLicensable]
      ,st.[ReleaseDate]
      ,st.[IsSharableToLibrary]
      ,st.[AutoManageLicensePriority]
      ,st.[TitleRequiresStrictMatching]
      ,st.[SupportedUntil]
      ,st.[ExtendedSupportUntil]
      ,st.[SoftwareTitleActionID]
      ,st.[HasInstalls]
  FROM [dbo].[SoftwareTitle] st
  JOIN [SoftwareTitleType] stt                ON st.[SoftwareTitleTypeID]    = stt.[SoftwareTitleTypeID]
  JOIN [SoftwareTitleProduct] stp             ON st.[SoftwareTitleProductID] = stp.[SoftwareTitleProductID]
  LEFT OUTER JOIN [SoftwareTitleVersion] stv  ON st.[SoftwareTitleVersionID] = stv.[SoftwareTitleVersionID]
  LEFT OUTER JOIN [SoftwareTitleEdition] ste  ON st.SoftwareTitleEditionID = ste.SoftwareTitleEditionID
  JOIN [OperatorManageState] oms          	  ON st.[OperatorManageStateID] = oms.OperatorManageStateID
  JOIN [SoftwareTitleClassification] stc      ON st.SoftwareTitleClassificationID = stc.SoftwareTitleClassificationID
  JOIN GroupEX ge                             ON ge.GroupExID = st.CategoryID  
  WHERE  stp.[ProductName] LIKE '%snagit%'

Thank you Erwin. I will work with our DBA group to see what we can do. This came up as I've been trying to clean up our licensing with Snagit prior to updating our licensing. I wanted to note which versions are EOL or at least no longer supported for easy sorting and reference. Snagit 10 for example, which as been around for 11 or so years, shows the following under Application Details:

Details

Start of life:

None

Release date:

None

End of sales:

None

End of support:

None

End of extended support:

None

End of life:

None

Since that information was not up to date on Flexera's data, I was hoping for a relatively easy way to update the details. Thank you however, I will forward this information to our people that are handling the back-end of the program. Your solution may be better long term anyway if we can apply the options to multiple applications. 

@Coravix 

This response just to make you (and others) aware that Flexera is maintaining EoS/EoL (alongside other) information in Technopedia:

Capture.PNG

The IT Visibility solution is Flexera's approach to expose this information in context of your inventory, i.e. instead of you spending time and resources on investigating and managing such data.

Thanks,