cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS, EEOS, & EOL Dates

From what I've read and heard is these fields in FNMS are not editable. However most remain blank.  Any workarounds to introduce static data to these fields to enable reporting opportunities?

(1) Solution

My assumption is that if you have FNMS On-Pemises and attempt to populate these dates using Direct SQL, they would be overridden during your next ARL Import.

View solution in original post

(8) Replies

Hi @caldwellb ,

if you are using a cloud setup you will not have any option to edit as there is no control on the DB. In an on-prem setup i think we might populate the dates as required and please refer to FNMS schema

regards,

Winvarma,

We're on-prem, I'll give it a look.

Thanks
Were you able to identify if we can populate those dates or only Flexera?

My assumption is that if you have FNMS On-Pemises and attempt to populate these dates using Direct SQL, they would be overridden during your next ARL Import.

That's my thinking as well. Unfortunately this pushes me to resolve elsewhere, whereas this is the logical place for such information, not in a separate potentially competitive tool

@caldwellb - Flexera has a market-leading solution (IT Visibility) that has excellent end-of-life data for both software and hardware based on Technopedia.

This complements the Software Licensing capabilities of FlexNet Manager as software is normalized at different levels.  For example, FlexNet Manager normalizes Windows 10 to "Windows 10 Enterprise".  The problem with trying to link End of Life dates to this software title is the fact that the Windows 10 Build Number is important, because different Windows 10 Build Number has different end of life dates.  IT Visibility is able to normalize Windows 10 at the "Enterprise" level, but also can be reported against at the Build Level, so accurate end of life data can be shown.

Many software publishers do not publish end of life information.  IT Visibility can calculated an "estimated" end of life data based on the initial launch date of a software application.

Along the same lines, Data Platform/IT Visibility can provide software vulnerability intelligence around normalized software.

Please contact your Flexera Customer Success Manager or Account Manager for more information.

@kclausen 

Yes aware of the other offering(s), cost prohibitive to solve this need. I understand your point on version releases this was simply to get some awareness for my application owners as we report # of products/deployments still in the "corporate wild" post decommissioning.  I'll resolve externally to Flexera.

Thanks, appreciate all the insight.