cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download configuration: Download failed: Access to the path is denied

Hello, 

When I try to open the Inventory Beacon: it returns the following error: Download configuration: Download failed: Access to the path is denied  ( see attachment). This error occurs only for a part of the users.  Can you tell me if this issue is related to missing privileges for those specific users?

Thanks!

(3) Replies

Two things I can suggest:

• Are you opening the beacon interface using "run as Administrator"?
  • Does the InventoryBeacon.log (in C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\InventoryBeacon) have any error messages that are related to the one you see?

--Mark

Yes, i open the beacon interface as an administrator.  Indeed in the inventorybeacon.log I am able to see the error:

2023-04-02 12:54:39,884 [Beacon.MainForm       ] [ERROR] Could not download compliance importer XML, business importer configuration or SAP landscape XML

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()

at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)

at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.MoveFileInPlace(Boolean fileExistsBeforeExtraction, String targetFileName, String tmpPath, Boolean checkLaterForResetDirTimes)

at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtractToBaseDir(String baseDir, String password, ZipContainer zipContainer, ZipEntrySource zipEntrySource, String fileName)

at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InternalExtractAll(String path, Boolean overrideExtractExistingProperty)

at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Packaging.PackageExtractor.ExtractPackage(String packageZipFilePath, Boolean cleanOutputFolder)

at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Packaging.StreamPackageExtractor.ExtractPackage(Stream stream)

at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Download.PackageDownloader.DownloadAndExtractResource(String resourceId, String outputFolderPath, Boolean ignoreNotFound)

at Flexera.SaaS.Transport.Download.PackageDownloader.DownloadImporterXml(String configPath)

at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.ExternalInventory.DownloadXml()

at ManageSoft.Compliance.Beacon.MainForm.TriggerConfigurationDownloads()

Is Windows Authentication in IIS enabled?