cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FNMS On-Prem allow for multiple ways to gather inventory?

I've been searching for documentation to confirm if FNMS On-Prem will allow for multiple ways of gathering inventory.

We are currently using the Third-party deployment of the FN Agent within our environment but wondering if we could also do a Zero-footprint for possibly our cloud instances.

Thanks!

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, different approaches to using the agent components to gather inventory can be used for different devices. Regardless of how the agent is run, the data all ends up in the same place.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Regarding your question specifically about Zero-footprint inventory targeting could instances: I guess it depends.

FNMS Zero-footprint usually needs some holes in firewalls, quite some rights and specific settings on the targeted systems in order to work. So I could see this work in a properly secured network environment.

If the cloud instances are more of a standalone configuration, "classic" Zero-footprint might not be ideal.

We usually prefer script-triggered inventory. Perhaps you have some kind of deployment and/or orchestration solution in use for your cloud instances? The big cloud providers provide their own scripting solutions to automate setups.