cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docker Inventory frequency limitatio

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is a way to limit the Docker inventory file generation and upload to FNMS from every one hour to one file per day?

@ChrisG@bmaudlin

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Srikanth M

(1) Solution

@gsc_mysam_sggl 

The Docker monitor consumes the same configuration source as other agent tools. On Linux it uses the existing INI files to load its configuration while on Windows it uses the registry.

There's a couple of unique Docker settings that control it:

• PerformDockerInventoryScan - Controls whether or not the monitor runs. Must exist and have the value Yes (case insensitive) for the monitor to operate.
  • DockerInventoryPeriod - The interval, in seconds, on which the monitor should produce an inventory, and where the default is 3600.

Therefore reconfiguring the DockerInventoryPeriod to 86400 should do the trick...

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

@gsc_mysam_sggl 

The Docker monitor consumes the same configuration source as other agent tools. On Linux it uses the existing INI files to load its configuration while on Windows it uses the registry.

There's a couple of unique Docker settings that control it:

• PerformDockerInventoryScan - Controls whether or not the monitor runs. Must exist and have the value Yes (case insensitive) for the monitor to operate.
  • DockerInventoryPeriod - The interval, in seconds, on which the monitor should produce an inventory, and where the default is 3600.

Therefore reconfiguring the DockerInventoryPeriod to 86400 should do the trick...

Thanks,

Hi @JohnSorensenDK , where exactly in the registry can I find these settings on a Windows machine?

@gsc_mysam_sggl 

It will be in this structure:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Tracker\CurrentVersion

Thanks,

How do we verify if that setting has limited the inventory generation? We have a ndi replication setting enabled and I can see the NDI files which are being processed out of it I see the docker files being maximum and with this change how can I verify from the replication that the particular server related docker file is only 1 instead of multiple files? There is no name of the server on the docker file name.

@gsc_mysam_sggl 

I think that it may be easier for you to investigate what actually happens at the Docker level through the fnms-docker-monitor.log generated (locally on one of the hosts running a Docker daemon) than trying to trace this through the .ndi files generated. 

The .ndi files generated will be Docker image .ndi files plus host .ndi files where the latter contains the container instances as additional hardware classes...

Thanks,