cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Open Source & Log4j

Does  Flexera have a paper on the  discovery of Open Source Software & in particular for Log4J

(2) Solutions
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

There is a great article on how to use the FNMS agent file scan to identify problematic log4j files: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Blog/Finding-installations-of-Apache-Log4j-or-other-files-on/ba-p/217513

This might have limits if OSS is highly integrated, like code-wise.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are some other resources related to Log4j that you may find interesting reading:

In terms of discovery of open source software components that are included in other software, the following info may be helpful: What is Software Composition Analysis?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

There is a great article on how to use the FNMS agent file scan to identify problematic log4j files: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Blog/Finding-installations-of-Apache-Log4j-or-other-files-on/ba-p/217513

This might have limits if OSS is highly integrated, like code-wise.

Thank you 

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are some other resources related to Log4j that you may find interesting reading:

In terms of discovery of open source software components that are included in other software, the following info may be helpful: What is Software Composition Analysis?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)