cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties in Discovery of Microsoft Visio Professional 2016?

Hi Team,

We have Visio Pro 2016 and also have Visio Pro for 365. I am not seeing the right deployment count for visio pro 2016. Can anyone help and give some input to fix the problem?

Regards,

Kusum

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have a solid answer to this question, except to note that @sissonr raised the same topic a while back here: Difficulties in Discovery of Microsoft Visio Professional 2106 vs Visio Pro 365

I don't have direct knowledge myself of how this software appears, but based on the difficulties you have described it sounds like the installer evidence footprint of the application is the same regardless of whether a device-based license of a user-based O365 licensed is used. If that is right and you have both types of licenses in use in the organization, I expect you would probably want to end up with:

1. A [named?] user license record linked to the Office Visio 2016 Professional application for the O365 entitlements, with users who are covered by O365 entitlements linked to that license.
  2. A device license record also linked to the Office Visio 2016 Professional application to cover installations on computers for users who are not covered by O365 entitlements.

I'm making a few possibly incorrect guesses and assumptions here about what you are seeing and needing to do, but hopefully this is at least a little helpful to move forward.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Yeah, you are right. Office visio 2016 is showing just 2 but o365 showing 372 installations. Also Visio.exe evidence is attached to both type of licenses. How can I fix this.