cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device "Role" Change - Not Captured in History Tab ... Is this Normal or a Known Issue

Hi Everyone, we are trying to tidy up our Device Role's using our current Business Adapters and I tripped upon something when looking in the History Tab for the respective device. I don't see any reference to the Role being changed by the Business Adapter ... in fact ... I changed one manually through the "General" tab and it too was not captured in the History Tab.

Is this normal behavior or perhaps a Known Issue .....

Just curious

Thx

Bruce

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe that the "Role" field is not one of the fields that changes are tracked for in the history of inventory device records. So what you're seeing sounds expected, at least as far as the currently implemented behavior in FlexNet Manager Suite is concerned.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe that the "Role" field is not one of the fields that changes are tracked for in the history of inventory device records. So what you're seeing sounds expected, at least as far as the currently implemented behavior in FlexNet Manager Suite is concerned.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris for the update .. really appreciate it !!