cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Skipped in FNMS logs for some devices

Hi all,

I found that some devices are not updating anymore in the "all inventory" page, in the logs I see the message "device skipped" reffered to those devices.

Do any of you have any hint of why this is happening, or where I can go to check my configuration?

Thanks!

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A "device skipped" message sounds like you may be using a zero touch (remote execution) inventory gathering approach, rather than using installed agents - is that right?

The most obvious reason I can thin of that a beacon may skip doing a zero touch inventory gathering operation on a device is because the device's IP address is not in a IP address range (subnet) that is mapped to the beacon for the beacon to connect with.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Yes, ChrisG, this is the case, we use zero touch. Could you please explain me better the second part! Thanks for your help

In relation to the subnet mapping for beacons: each beacon will only operate on IP addresses that are in a subnet that the beacon is explicitly configured to work with. For example, the Discovery & Inventory > Network > Subnets page shows information like the following:

image.png

In this example:

• 172.26.81.173/32 is not mapped to any beacon, so all beacons will skip performing operations on devices in that subnet.
  • 10.81.151.57/32 is mapped to the cheth_beacon. Any other beacon will skip performing operations on devices in that subnet.

(NB. Normally subnets will be a larger range than the /32 ranges shown in this example. The /32 ranges here are a somewhat artificial sample.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Thanks Chris, I thought you were intending this, I will check immediately