cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting machines from FNMS Compliance and Inventory completely

Hello

I have read here that this is not the recommended thing, but still, how do we go about deleting machines completely from FNMS completely from Compliance and Inventory databases.  I have seen some scripts here, but unable to find those posts. 

Could someone help me.

(8) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Could you please specify, what you're planning to do? Do you want to delete all machines or only specific ones?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi @mfranz  We would like to delete specific machines, those which are not in circulation anymore. 

Hi @flexeranoob,

If a computer is removed from the Inventory database (specifically, the Computer_MT table) AND it exists in no other 3rd-party source, then the next full reconciliation will remove the associated machine from the Compliance database.

The following KB is quite old, but the section "Computer deletion using direct SQL statements" still holds true:  

As always, a backup is advised beforehand in case you need to restore the data.

HTH,

Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!

For reference, the following thead may also provide some helpful tips for doing bulk deletions of records: Deleting old inventory records

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you @ChrisG @jjensen 

As I see, it uses the following to delete computer from the inventory database

DECLARE @ComputerID INT
SET @ComputerID = ID of the computer to be deleted
EXEC DeleteComputer @ComputerID

For deleting a computer from the Compliance database, I suppose it is ok to delete it from All Inventory, and that will be all?  Or would some other steps be needed?  We are all assuming that the computer is not from a third party source.

Hello @flexeranoob,

The overnight reconciliation will remove the device from the ImportedComputer table in the Compliance database, and subsequently the ComplianceComputer table (which will then make it disappear from the UI).

However, if you want to speed up the process of getting the device out of your UI, then yes, removal from All Inventory should be sufficient.

HTH,

Joseph

If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you want to delete computers based on how long it is since they have returned inventory, check out the following post about a new capability for doing this: Auto-cleanup of Obsolete FlexNet Inventory.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)