cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Migration for FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R2 - 'File Added' date

Hi,

today I noticed that the file 'Database Migration for FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R2.zip'
in the download area shows a 'File Added' date = Dec 17, 2020.

I have downloaded the file Dec 14, 2020.

- What has changed?
- Is there a need for me to implement the files on our existing FNMS 2020 R2 system?
- Do we talk about changes for the single or multi-tenant systems?

(1) Solution

Thank you for the input. Typically hotfixes are released for any additional changes. I will take this forward with the team and consider options including the one you suggested, as a way to highlight changes in the future.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi,

There was an issue detected that caused the upgrade of FlexNet Manager Suite from an older version to 2020 R2 to fail, when the SQL Server version in use is 2017 or later. 'Database Migration for FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R2.zip' was updated on Dec 17th to address this issue.

If the FNMS 2020 R2 system was already setup, there is no changed needed.

Hi @sunilkumar,

perhaps there is way to add a small text file with a list of the files when a file was changed. e.g.

Changes since the first deployment:

a) Database Migration for FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R2.zip
First deployment: 2020-12-14
Last deployment: 2020-12-17
Reason: There was an issue detected that caused the upgrade of FlexNet Manager Suite from an
older version to 2020 R2 to fail, when the SQL Server version in use is 2017 or later. 

Then we only must check this file and not every entry with the date in the download area.

Thank you for the input. Typically hotfixes are released for any additional changes. I will take this forward with the team and consider options including the one you suggested, as a way to highlight changes in the future.