cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data warehouse export jobs run every 15 minutes

Hello Community,

Recently we noticed that FNMPDataWarehouse (Data warehouse export) job is running every 15 minutes. This wasn't a case in the past surely.

I am not able to identify, what may be triggering the execution so often.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Kind regards,

Jan

(1) Solution

Hi Jan

If your FNMS is 2017 R3 or later then it could be an expected behavior by design. (UI performance improvements). These tasks are not performing a full datawarehouse export and they are only actually taking a couple of minutes. There are two new tasks that have been added in the batch processor, "FNMSDashboardUpdate" and "FNMSPrecalcUpdate". These jobs perform pre-calculation activities to improve performance in the UI.

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi Jan

If your FNMS is 2017 R3 or later then it could be an expected behavior by design. (UI performance improvements). These tasks are not performing a full datawarehouse export and they are only actually taking a couple of minutes. There are two new tasks that have been added in the batch processor, "FNMSDashboardUpdate" and "FNMSPrecalcUpdate". These jobs perform pre-calculation activities to improve performance in the UI.

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Hi Kevin, Thank you for the fast response. It got me a little worried, but in this case I think we are good.

Hi Guys, 

Does this have any impact on the performance of SQL Server?

We have a Multi Tenant Instance running in our Azure Cloud and we recently upgraded to 2019 R1.3.

Since then the FNMPDataWarehouse is running every 15 minutes and at the same time we are getting alerts from our SQL server that it is running on High CPU and RAM usage. 

Can we change the frequency back to 6 hours? If yes, how and what would be the impact?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated. 

Regards

Abhishek Gehlot 

The frequently running export job should consume only a minor amount of resources, and complete pretty quickly. If you have done some troubleshooting and believe you have isolated performance problems down to this specific process (and not other things going on in the system), it may be worthwhile raising a case with Flexera Support with appropriate logs and other evidence you have found to be investigated further.

I don't know of any way to change the trigger/frequency for the job. As it is intended to be a lightweight process, that should not be necessary.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks for your reply Chris.

I understand that it should consume only a minor amount of resources, and complete pretty quickly. However, would it still be the case in a Multi Tenant Environment have 100+ customers on 2019 R1.3.

Regards

Abhishek Gehlot 

Hi Abhishek,
Just FYI - in our case it didn't have any negative impact on sql performance. This might require further investigation