Highlighted
Active participant

Data Platform Integration with FNMS 2019 R1.2

Hello,

We are trying to enable the integration between Data Platform & FNMS 2019 R1.2 in our DEV Environment.

Could someone please tell me what are the least minimal privileges required for this to work?

It is currently not listed in the FNMSInvAdaptersAndConnectorsReference.pdf

Thanks!

- David

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Data Platform Integration with FNMS 2019 R1.2

Hi @davidle,
The documentation refers to "a straight-forward connector", i.e. a direct SQL Server database connection to the Data Platform normalize database (by default named BDNA_PUBLISH), i.e. you will need read access to its tables and views:

JohnSorensenDK_0-1575276245742.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

Is there a reverse integration as well?  from FNMS to Data Platform? How would that work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Data Platform has a "FlexNet Manager Data Extractor" that can connect to an FNMS On-Premises database to extract the raw hardware/software inventory to be normalized by Data Platform.  You would need to obtain this through Data Platform support.  This is a component of Data Platform and is not part of FNMS.

Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Actually  you have to obtain this through Data Platform support. The thing is not that deep to understand. You are talking about Data Platform Integration with FNMS 2019 R1.2,  Why you have to get it from data platform support is because it is not part of FNMS but a component of Data Platform. Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos