cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized Management Dashboard Template

When Customized Management Dashbaord and widget released in FNMS, which release ?

(1) Solution

There was no good reason it was implemented that way. It was actually a communication gaff that occurred. 

I've instituted a process change to mitigate those gaffs going forward. 

Thanks for your patience. 

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

Hi @chirag_sharma2 

In FNMS 2020 R1 we released an early version of the customizable dashboard via a separate URL (add /Management/Dashboard to the end of the usual dashboard URL) and this had limited widgets and functionality.

In FNMS 2020 R2 we are going to release an updated version of it, more details will be posted in the next couple of weeks.

Is this what you needed?

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Thanks @mrichardson  but I don't see it in Release notes and that's why I am curious.

You said via separate URL but I see in our Prod environment and I see not functioning properly. Lots of pre-created dashboard says contact site owner. 

Do you know which URL ?

I noticed a change on Friday, too. It is in our production cloud environment, and when I tried to make changes they didn't work. 

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

Hi @EHacking 

Did you notice before Friday or anyday after 12th October ( Release date of 2020 R1.2)?

I didn't notice before Friday. I was kind of surprised that it changed on Friday without any notice or warning.
Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

Same here @EHacking, I was also surprised to see it on Firday without Notification or release notes. It sounds like testing in Prod. 

We have been testing the customized dashboard for the last 3 months in a limited release via the /Management/Dashboard path. 

We enabled it in production via the standard homepage path on Friday. 

For those that have not set up a custom dashboard yet, the custom dashboard will default to the original widgets until you make changes. 

There is a limitation currently in the EU environment when adding a Cognos widget to the dashboard. Cognos widgets are not available in the management dashboard view until further notice. 

We have many enhancements planned based on the feedback from our pilot program. We'd like very much to have additional feedback as you look through this new feature. 

Thanks. 

Update to my previous message. We are now seeing the Cognos widget issue in NA also. Engineering is investigating the issue. However, all other capabilities are functional. 

Thanks for sharing that knowledge @NancyA 

Regarding Cognos, It seems like if I have opened atleast 1 time during a browser session then Operational dashboard shows results. Otherwise, it shows error.

My conern here is regarding Notification or Information about these dashboards never received and suddenly we saw on Friday. 

Is there a particular reason on why it was implemented like that ?

There was no good reason it was implemented that way. It was actually a communication gaff that occurred. 

I've instituted a process change to mitigate those gaffs going forward. 

Thanks for your patience.